South Central ROMEO Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, June 30, 9:30

roginoz

South Central ROMEO Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, June 30, 9:30

Post by roginoz »

Please note the meeting time: 9:30 AM. This should allow a little time for those who want to ride a little bit before we eat.

The consensus seems to be that it's time to switch to breakfast, so we'll try earlier rides through August.

We've been to the Bread Basket for lunch, but I'm not sure if the ROMEOs have eaten breakfast there. They have an excellent breakfast buffet (http://www.newtonbreadbasket.com/breadbasket2_010.htm) so it will be ready when we arrive. And, yes, there's some really good pie if you still have room for it (or decide to just have dessert...) There's plenty of room, in case we draw a larger than usual crowd, and arriving at 9:30 should allow the local working folks a chance to eat before we descend on the buffet line. (And, it will let some of us sleep a little later...)

TIME:
9:30 AM, Wednesday, June 30

PLACE:
The Bread Basket
219 N. Main St
Newton, KS
316-283-3811

MAP:
Roger Shores has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeos-Rides-This-Week

For a view of all the past and present ROMEO destinations, click on the following link:
http://tinyurl.com/lxldjr

See you there!
Roger Smith (roginoz)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Ronson09

Re: South Central ROMEO Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, June 30,

Post by Ronson09 »

'LET'S EAT------That Famous Small Group will meet at MotorSports (31st So. and K-15 ) and leave for the Bread Basket at 8:30.. The Food will be Spectacular.....
BeemerBill

Post by BeemerBill »

There was a good turnout for our first breakfast ride of the year. I am sure Roger or John will fill in the numbers later. The food was good, and they had a special room set aside for us to talk as loud and as long as we wanted to. Here are a few pictures I took.....
Attachments
P6300006.JPG
P6300005.JPG
P6300002.JPG
P6300003.JPG
P6300004.JPG
BeemerBill
Two-Lane Blacktop isn't a Highway---It's an Attitude
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

I counted twenty-six at breakfast today; not sure how many signed in. (Bob has the book, in case I can't change my doctor's appt. next Wednesday.) I can state with reasonable certainty that nobody went home hungry. Newton's not really a small town, but the food is good and the folks at the Bread Basket seem to like having us around, so I guess it meets ROMEO criteria. We have another great location (an old favorite) for next week, so stay tuned. By the way, keep the suggestions for new places coming. If you know of some that aren't open for breakfast, be sure to let me know about them when we switch back to lunch rides (probably in September.)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
John Kuhn

Post by John Kuhn »

Well Roger and Bill had it right. A beautiful day and great ride north.
Breakfast was superb. All one could want and more.
The count was 26. One came in from the Topeka? area. 110 miles.
Hopefully next week will be as good.
Big Bad John