LOWRY'S CRAB SHACK, Hamilton, VA 12-2-18 11:00am

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

LOWRY'S CRAB SHACK, Hamilton, VA 12-2-18 11:00am

Post by shoresr »

Lowry's Crab Shack.jpg
LOWRY'S CRAB SHACK
420 Colonial Highway
Hamilton, VA
540-338-2348

Let's leave from Regions at 11:00 ... Mostly likely, Melissa and I will go even if it is raining, and if it is raining we can wait inside until 11:00 to see who shows up

To: Roger Shores <shoresr@hitmail.com>
Cc: James Rhoades <james.rhoades@comcast.net>

Hi. We checked with Dan Beasley on where to go for great fried chicken. He immediately recommended Lowry's Crab Shack in Hamilton, VA--on old Route 7 near Purcellville.

Why go to a seafood place for chicken? He asked the owner that. During 2008, when the markets tanked and people pulled way back on their spending, Lowry's had to come up with a reliable draw because people didn't want to buy expensive sea food. They came up with an excellent chicken recipe and stuck with it. That's all Dan eats when he goes there, and Dan is an excellent cook so I take his word on this.

They open at noon on Sunday, and we would love to go.
Lowry's Crab Shack outside.jpg
shoresr

Re: LOWRY'S CRAB SHACK, Hamilton, VA 12-2-18 11:00am

Post by shoresr »

Thank you Dan, Janice and Jim for an outstanding recommendation. Melissa was very pleased with the fried chicken, and she really enjoys good fried chicken.

The rest of you need to put this place on your list. The menu is extensive, in seafood, and everything I saw coming out of the kitchen made know I was coming back. Jim had the Lobster roll and oyster stew and he never offered to share ;) :o

It is a small family owned and run restaurant that really wants you to enjoy their cooking.

Everyone enjoyedtheir meal, but we had saved room to share a dessert. To our surprise the desserts were free for military, police, fire or emt's!! And the desserts were quite generous.
IMG_2867.JPG
IMG_2867.JPG (192.22 KiB) Viewed 623 times
IMG_2869.JPG
IMG_2869.JPG (178.12 KiB) Viewed 623 times
IMG_2870.JPG
IMG_2870.JPG (128.49 KiB) Viewed 623 times

It was 61 and sunny when we got home. Good Food, Good Friends and a good time. Nice to be in Virginia :D