New Romeo logo picture at the top

The place to discuss anything under the sun.
JerryM100

New Romeo logo picture at the top

Post by JerryM100 »

I was never comfortable with using that picture at the top of the page with the guy going down the road with his arms open like he was excited about the scenery in front of him. I found that on the Internet on some web site I can't remember when I was first setting this web site up. I have no idea where it came from so I don't really have anyone's permission to use it. So on my recent trip to Alaska I had in the back of my mind that I would like to find a way to replace it somehow.

I came over a hill and saw this scene in front of me and it reminded me instantly of that picture on the Romeo forums. So I pulled over and explained to Sandy, the guy I was riding with at the time, what I wanted to do. So he took my camera while I went back up the road and rode by him. He stepped out into the middle of the highway and took several quick pics - and the photo you see now at the top is one of them! It worked out well.

If I recall I took this just a little south of Whitehorse, Yukon Terr.

Here is the original pic.

Jerry
Attachments
Alaska Trip - Canon 005 reduced.jpg
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
wil6831

Re: New Romeo logo picture at the top

Post by wil6831 »

I'm still seeing the old pic with the fence on both sides.
Leonard, Hull, GA
2004 Royal Enfield Bullet (gone)
2001 Kawasaki W650 (sold)
2009 Triumph Bonneville T100
JerryM100

Post by JerryM100 »

Try clicking the 'refresh' button on your browser and see if the new pic shows up.
TomK

Post by TomK »

Still. the old one for me too, after refresh.
JerryM100

Post by JerryM100 »

I just flushed the caches for the template on the server (don't ask!) so any previous images and settings should be gone. The only thing left is to make sure your browser is refreshed, either by clicking the refresh/reload button or closing it and restarting. I asked Don about it and he said he didn't get the new picture until after half a dozen tries. So it is there, just keep trying...

Jerry
Tumbleweed

Post by Tumbleweed »

It is only fitting that your picture should headline the ROMEO website. Great pic. Tumbleweed
Life is not about the number of breaths you take. Its about the moments that take your breath away!

TomK

Post by TomK »

Dang, still have the old photo showing up after many site visits. Look forward to seeing the new pic. Is there anything else I should try? I routinely clear footprints, etc.
JerryM100

Post by JerryM100 »

If you have cleared your old images, refresh the cache in your browser, updated your operating system and rebooted, then the only thing left to try is to get a new computer. That will work and then you can send me your old one. :-)

Jerry

PS. Seriously, try a different browser. If you are using Internet Explorer then run Firefox, or Google Chrome. Everyone should have at least one alternative browser on their computer.
TomK

Post by TomK »

Using my new computer now and the old one is on it's way to you Jerry. It's my 6 month old hp. Just has one slight problem that being a big hole in the screen. Someone sent me a video of a main political figure and I punched the hole. I figure that with your expertise you can repair the damage in no time.