Greetings from Kansas City

Who are you and what do you ride? Show us your bike!
JerryM100

Greetings from Kansas City

Post by JerryM100 »

Hi all, I am Jerry and I created this web site and forum. I am a relative newcomer to web stuff and just figured this stuff out a step at a time. My hope is that it will become a place not only to help Don (Klem) coordinate rides but also a place to get to know each other and talk about our bikes.

I am also relatively new at getting back in riding. I bought my BMW K1200GT last April (2008) from Engles and as of December I have 11,500 miles on it. Not bad for only 8 months! I really love the machine, though, it is quiet, powerful, smooth, and takes me over the miles effortlessly.

One thing about going these Romeo rides is, while it is nice to get out and ride to interesting places, there are so many people and motorcycles and so little time to get to know everyone. So please make a simple introduction here and post a photo of your bike so we can know who we are sitting beside in these small town cafes.

Jerry
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage
Klem

Re: Greetings from Kansas City

Post by Klem »

Looking good. Looks like it is about ready for the masses. Don
Motorcycles are like Potato chips One is never enough
RussBees

Congrats on your site!!

Post by RussBees »

Hi Jerry:

I do a lot of internet sites and club forums and yours is super easy to navigate. BTW, we attend with a British antique car each year a show in Overland Park. Nice town. I've ridden many times with a scooter group that congregates at Scooter World there in O.P. Russ in Iowa
JerryM100

Re: Greetings from Kansas City

Post by JerryM100 »

Thank you, Russ! We are pretty new so we haven't added many bells and whistles, I think simple is good. I am amazed and impressed - we added a member from another state! Thanks for coming. There is another Beo rider here too, if you browse the intros you will find him, I can't recall who that was right now.

We would love to have you join us on a ride some day (hopefully the weather will improve one of these months). We aren't very organized and don't make a big deal out of it, Klem just picks a small town with a small restaurant and we each make our way there. Any excuse to ride. If you don't come to the web site that often just subscribe to his forum (Weekly Rides) so any time he posts a new ride you will get an email.

Glad to hear you get down this way to Overland Park, I wasn't aware of the British car show but I am aware of the scooter group. At the risk of diverting your riding to another group, their web site is http://www.madtoto.com/. I don't know what they do for organized rides but if they don't ride often or far enough for you, you can always join us. I know Larry L has already responded to your intro, he has a new Bergman (and some others).

Look forward to meeting you some day!

Jerry in KC
Jerry M
I ride because it frees my mind from the tyranny of petty things.
ImageImageImage