South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, July 7, 9:30AM

roginoz

South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, July 7, 9:30AM

Post by roginoz »

We were at Carolyn’s for lunch a few months ago (well, you guys were; I missed it,) but it’s been a little while since we had breakfast in Arlington. Everyone I’ve mentioned Carolyn’s to has wanted to go back, so here we go:

TIME:
9:30AM, Wednesday, July 7

PLACE:
Carolyn's Essenhaus
104 E. Main St.
Arlington, KS
620-538-4711

MAP:
Roger Shores has, or will soon have, a map up at the following link:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeos-Rides-This-Week

For a view of all the past and present ROMEO destinations, click on the following link:
http://tinyurl.com/lxldjr

I hope to see all of you there.
Roger Smith (roginoz)
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
Ronson09

Re: South Central Breakfast Ride: Wednesday, July 7, 9:30AM

Post by Ronson09 »

Anyone interested in the "SMALL GROUP" ride to Arlington can meet at Bob Lee's house, 30th So and Waco on the SW corner... We will LEAVE at 8:00 a.m. Just to be safe start the "NO RAIN CHANT".....
BeemerBill

Post by BeemerBill »

OK, Here's the deal.... IF IT'S NOT RAINING, There are a few of us (small group "B"), that are going to breakfast at Arlington, leaving from the Maize Kwick-Shop, 53rd street north and Maize Rd. at 8:15 am. You are welcome to join us..... I hear that Arlington is known for their great breakfast's, let's go see.
BeemerBill
Two-Lane Blacktop isn't a Highway---It's an Attitude
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

Looks like I'm going to miss it. My wife broke her foot; it appears that we're spending tomorrow getting a cast or an appointment with an orthopedic surgeon, depending on what her doc says after she checks the x-rays. Bob Lee has the book. Have a good time; somebody eat a piece of pie on my behalf. Maybe I can join the SE "hit or miss" group Friday if we get things stabilized...

Roger
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350
John Kuhn

Post by John Kuhn »

14 Brave souls made the ride to Carolyn's Essenhouse in Arlington yesterday.
The furthest came from down south. The closest from Hutch.
Weather was a limiting factor in our turnout. On or way to Arlington it rained. The southern bunch said they had rain most of the way.
YET, as always, it was worth it. Good food and Great company makes up for a little discomfort.
I have talked to our southern friends and am hoping to set up a ride in that direction soon. We have neglected there area for too long.
Good riding and safe travels to you,
Big Bad John
roginoz

Post by roginoz »

Thanks for the report, John. I hated to miss Carolyn's, but at least I got to ride the new KLR a couple of miles to Ty's Diner for a pattie melt while waiting for word from the doc. (Janan's going to be on crutches with her foot in a big plastic boot for the next six weeks, but fortunately won't need surgery.)

We need to hear from the guys down south concerning a good breakfast place. If someone gives us a suggestion, we'll schedule it. I think I have a place located out east for next week, but I'd like to go south on the 21st. Click on the little envelope in the upper right corner to send me an e-mail.
Roger Smith
'05 Honda ST1300
'20 Triumph Speed Twin
'12 Harley XR1200X
'09 Kawasaki KLR650
'73 Honda CL350