Catoctin Mountain Park "Camp David"

This forum is for riders in the Shenandoah Valley.

Moderator: shoresr

shoresr

Catoctin Mountain Park "Camp David"

Post by shoresr »

I had ridden through parts of the Catoctin Mountain Park going to and from Gettysburg and knew it was a good ride, so I decided to explore.

Yes, it is a good ride. Beautiful scenery and good roads. When I stopped at the Visitors Center to get a map the lady said they would be closing some of the road in about an hour. I questioned her as to which roads and was this for construction? She looked at me with a weird kinda look and said " Don't you know where you are?" "Dah, I am in Catoctin Mountain Park." :roll: Sorta, under her breathe she said, "This is where Camp David is, the Presidential Retreat and we are not suppose to talk about it." :o :shock: They were expecting a high level guest, which totally messed up my ride.
Although they were not suppose to be closing the roads for a hour, I got stopped or redirected many times. I must have travelled the perimeter of Camp David and tried to turn into every entrance. :oops:
a008image.jpg
a007image.jpg
a006image.jpg
a004image.jpg
On the way home I passed a dairy whose store had a line out the door. I hadn't had lunch so I thought an ice cream treat should do the trick. It did and I couldn't eat it all.

A fun adventure
a010image.jpg
a009image.jpg
a002image.jpg
a003image.jpg
a011image.jpg