Tues 4/10, Butler, MO

Moderators: Bob K., leesonthree, LongJohn

rcrgl1800

Tues 4/10, Butler, MO

Post by rcrgl1800 »

We will be riding to Butler, Missouri, to the Butler Inn Restaurant in the Inn Building located at the a north west corner of the historic Butler Square. The Inn Building is an old three story hotel that was restored in the late 70's to early 80's by the Tiona family owner and operators of Tiona Truck Line. The restored lobby is the location of the restaurant with apartments on the second floor and the Tiona offices were located on the third floor. The restaurant is owned by fellow Romeo and his wife Marty and Carolyn Ghere. The regular tuesday special is meatloaf. The menu also includes fried chicken, tenderloin, burgers and various other meals. Hope to see you Tuesday.

Marty said they will open the doors around 10:30. For those wanting breakfast Carolyn will try to accomodate.

Carolyn has made arrangements to have the parking in front of the restaurant blocked off for us, a representative from the local news paper is to be there and she has also contacted a friend of hers with Channel 4 and they plan to be there. Here is another chance for us to shine.

Ride Safe,
Randy

Butler Inn Restaurant
201 West Ohio Street
Butler, MO 64730
660-200-7143

Get directions from our Google map:
http://tinyurl.com/Romeo-Rides-This-Week

Wow! What a turn-out we had today. What are all the motorcycles doing in town, was a common question around town. Many of the people around town drove by with some stopping to look at and take pictures of all the beautiful motorcycles.
As always the Romeo's were in fine form and filled the restaurant to capacity or a little more than capacity as extra tables and chairs had to be setup to accomodate us. The restaurant was overwhelmed by our presence. They were told there would be 25 to 35 of us. Mid afternoon yesterday I talked with Marty and Carolyn and advised there will probably be around 50. We only underestimated by 20 or so as there were 70 plus in attendance today.
Thank for coming to Butler.

Randy
Last edited by rcrgl1800 on Tue Apr 10, 2012 5:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
shoresr

Re: Tues 4/10, Butler, MO

Post by shoresr »

[attachment=1]Plattsburg Miguel & Lefty's 002.JPG[/attachment]Wearing the Romeo Hat in the middle is Marty. Marty and Carolyn own the Butler Inn and will be our hosts for this week's lunch. Randy in the black Romeo shirt has made the post and set up this week's lunch. Marty, Randy and Lloyd (out of camera range) are Romeo Regulars and make 2 to 3 Romeo events a week. Randy was a little upset when I asked him to setup this week's lunch because it meant they didn't get to ride very far on Tuesday. I bet you will see the Butler gang in Burlingame on Wednesday!! ;)

Of course my favorite and our youngest Romeo will be joining us.[attachment=0]Butler Southside 005.JPG[/attachment]
Attachments
Plattsburg Miguel & Lefty's 002.JPG
Butler Southside 005.JPG
shoresr

Ride Report Butler Inn Butler, MO 4/10

Post by shoresr »

scan0012.jpg
This is the article that appeared in the Bultler newspaper after our visit last week. You can make it larger by double left clicking on the picture. Then you can read the article.
Tree Trimming 238.jpg
Is there a better way to start off a Ride Report than with a picture of KC's YOUNGEST AND OLDEST riders? Jakaila and Mel

(Thanks to Randy for the following comment about today's Lunch.)

Wow! What a turn-out we had today. What are all the motorcycles doing in town, was a common question around town. Many of the people around town drove by with some stopping to look at and take pictures of all the beautiful motorcycles.
As always the Romeo's were in fine form and filled the restaurant to capacity or a little more than capacity as extra tables and chairs had to be setup to accomodate us. The restaurant was overwhelmed by our presence. They were told there would be 25 to 35 of us. Mid afternoon yesterday I talked with Marty and Carolyn and advised there will probably be around 50. We only underestimated by 20 or so as there were 70 plus in attendance today.
Thanks for coming to Butler.

Randy
Tree Trimming 239.jpg
Tree Trimming 240.jpg
Tree Trimming 241.jpg
Tree Trimming 242.jpg
Tree Trimming 243.jpg
Tree Trimming 244.jpg
Tree Trimming 245.jpg
Butler, MO Butler Inn 009.JPG
As advertised Randy is visiting with the representative of the local newspaper who also took a picture of the group. Butler was very pleased that the Romeo's came to town and promised to give us some copies. Randy said he would try to have them at next week's lunch which will be at WE BE SMOKIN' in Paola. Leland and Slina will be our host and hostess ;)[attachment=13]Butler, MO Butler Inn 010.JPG[/attachment][attachment=12]Butler, MO Butler Inn 011.JPG[/attachment][attachment=11]Butler, MO Butler Inn 012.JPG[/attachment][attachment=10]Butler, MO Butler Inn 014.JPG[/attachment]When they ran out of meat loaf Marty started flouring and frying chicken.[attachment=9]Butler, MO Butler Inn 013.JPG[/attachment]....and he did it with a smile :lol: Thanks Marty.[attachment=8]Butler, MO Butler Inn 017.JPG[/attachment]...and we helped Jon celebrate his birthday.[attachment=7]Butler, MO Butler Inn 018.JPG[/attachment]Jon is happy to be celebrating that BIG 70!! and we are happy to be celebrating with him. :P[attachment=6]Butler, MO Butler Inn 008.JPG[/attachment]What a sweetie. Isn't that the prettiest little girl you have ever seen and good, too. She visited and sat patiently while Grandpa talked motorcycles and motorcycle trips all afternoon. [attachment=5]Tree Trimming 246.jpg[/attachment][attachment=4]Tree Trimming 247.jpg[/attachment][attachment=3]Tree Trimming 248.jpg[/attachment][attachment=2]Tree Trimming 249.jpg[/attachment][attachment=1]Butler, MO Butler Inn 019.JPG[/attachment]I want to thank Carolyn and Marty, the owners of the Butler Inn for all their hard work and making this such a special day for the Romeos. I also want to thank all of you who were able to attend for coming and making this the biggest KC Romeo Lunch. I hope you enjoyed yourself and will come again.

PS. Someone ordered a shirt and I forgot who it was. I have orders for Denny and Ted. If you ordered a shirt and are not Denny or Ted send me an email. twowheels2eat@gmail.com Or if you want to order a shirt or hat.
Attachments
Butler, MO Butler Inn 010.JPG
Butler, MO Butler Inn 011.JPG
Butler, MO Butler Inn 012.JPG
Butler, MO Butler Inn 014.JPG
Butler, MO Butler Inn 013.JPG
Butler, MO Butler Inn 017.JPG
Butler, MO Butler Inn 018.JPG
Butler, MO Butler Inn 008.JPG
Tree Trimming 246.jpg
Tree Trimming 247.jpg
Tree Trimming 248.jpg
Tree Trimming 249.jpg
Butler, MO Butler Inn 019.JPG
Martin G

Re: Tues 4/10, Butler, MO

Post by Martin G »

Glad everyone had a good time. Sorry we didn't get to visit with everyone, we were a little busy in the kitchen :) . We appreciate everyone coming. Thanks Marty and Carolyn
shoresr

JOHNSTON PIC from Tues 4/10, Butler, MO

Post by shoresr »

I received these pictures from MS Johnston and I thought you would like to see them ;) Thanks for taking them and sharing---Roger

These are high quality pictures and you can enlarge them with a double left click on your mouse.
IMG_7445.JPG
IMG_7446.JPG
Butler is a neat town.  The courthouse is in the middle of the "town square"
Butler is a neat town. The courthouse is in the middle of the "town square"
IMG_7448.JPG
IMG_7449.JPG
IMG_7450.JPG
IMG_7451.JPG
IMG_7453.JPG
IMG_7454.JPG
IMG_7455.JPG
IMG_7457.JPG
IMG_7456.JPG
IMG_7458.JPG
This is a pretty good picture of the old hotel that Marty and Carolyn have restored
This is a pretty good picture of the old hotel that Marty and Carolyn have restored
IMG_7463.JPG
IMG_7464.JPG
IMG_7465.JPG